The Samovar

RSFSR. 10 rub. Typographical inscriptions

Duck - 7/16/2008 at 16:38

RSFSR. A stamp 10 rub. imperf. Scott #230.
All sheets available me with the cut off fields. :thumbdown:

Whether typographical inscriptions or figures on fields of these sheets are known?

Thanks!

Duck - 7/19/2008 at 02:36

The catalogue Zagorsky about inscriptions on fields writes nothing.
Lyapin's catalogue specifies that inscriptions were not!!!

How then to explain it???

Press on a picture

There is a full leaf at somebody?

What full inscription? I managed to read through "M" (Moscow? The machine?) .... № 5.

jlechtanski - 7/19/2008 at 10:21

It could be that the typographical inscriptions were not supposed to appear on the finished sheets of this issue. Perhaps they were supposed to be cut away as part of the finishing process.

In this case the sheet was cut a little low -- resulting in part of the inscription showing. There are other examples in worldwide philately where these margin markings partially appear.

I think it may be the symbol for "number" -- № 5 -- that is showing.

Duck - 7/20/2008 at 20:24

I have all imperf. stamps of this release in sheets. On all sheets there are vertical strips on fields, but there are no inscriptions and figures. And only this leaf as it has appeared, had an inscription.
Probably, that these stamps were printed on different printing houses... Sheets 10 rub. with surcharges Far East Soviet republic too with the cut off fields!
Not clearly only, what for have cut off all sheets?

У меня есть все б/зуб. марки этого выпуска в листах. На всех листах есть вертикальные полосы на полях, но нет надписей и цифр. И только этот лист, как оказалось, имел надпись. Возможно, что эти марки печатались на разных типографиях... Листы 10 руб с надпечаткой Дальневосточной советской республики тоже с обрезанными полями!
Непонятно только, зачем обрезали все листы?

RSFSR - 7/20/2008 at 21:15

Just to be clear ...

Are you talking about the two 'marks' to the right of the '1440x848' at the bottom of the sheet?

If so, is it possible to enlarge this area?

Duck - 7/20/2008 at 23:02

:thumbup:

022.jpg - 174kB