The Samovar

Brasiliana 2013

nik - 12/10/2013 at 11:45

This was a huge World Stamp Exhibition held in Rio de Janeiro Nov. 19-25, 2013. The Palmares awards have now been listed. I found the listings by class a good read. It includes a few entries from Russia and Ukraine. I would have enjoyed seeing A. Mramornov's "Zemstvo Money Correspondence" and "Stamps of Civil War in Russia 1918-1924". He is quite a dedicated philatelist. The jury awarded a Large Vermeil for the Civil War collection. Peruse the literature list as well. The link is here: http://www.brasiliana2013.net.br/home.php?l=1&n=13686750... or you can just Google Brasiliana 2013.

Jeff - 12/10/2013 at 19:31

Rossica Awardees. Did I miss anyone?

Large Vermeil: Zulueta Jr, Alfonso  USA Afghanistan: Habibullah Period 1901-1919
Large Vermeil: Levandovskiy, Valentin  Russia Railway Postmarks of the RSFSR and Russia
Gold: Obukhov, Yuri Russia The History of Zemstvo Posts of the Perm Governorate (1880-1920)
Gold: Grinfelds, Vesma USA Latvian Travelling Post Offices: Rates, Routes, and Cancellations
Vermeil: Katsman, Vitaliy  Ukraine The Kharko province Zemstvo post 1868-1918
Large Vermeil: Lera, Thomas and Fink, Leon - Smithsonian Institution Scholarly Press USA The G H Kaestlin Collection of Imperial Russian and Zemstvo Stamps

One Frame Exhibits:
Grinfelds, Vesma  USA The first stamps of Latvia: Printed on Maps
Marshall, Ross  New Zealand Poland Judicial Mail