The Samovar
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Software search- can you help?
Cmarsha
Major Philatelist

Mood: No mood

biggrin.gif posted on 3/26/2006 at 11:06
Software search- can you help?

About a year or two ago there were a number of Ebay listings for cd's with downloadable album pages for Russia post 1991 and several other associated new republics- all in color, etc. They looked nice but at the time I wasn't interested. Now I am and I cannot locate them at all. They are not being posted on Ebay and although I recall finding a website for them using my Google search at the time it is nowhere to be found now. They may have been based in Russia. I know these vendors sometimes have a short business life, but does anyone know anything about these and if so where I can locate them? I am familiar with Bill Steiner's web site and have his CD- these were a lot more elaborate. Thanks for any input.
IvoSteijn
Major Philatelist

Mood: philatelic

[*] posted on 3/26/2006 at 21:36

Is this it? NB stamps:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/nbstamps/

ameis33
Major Philatelist

Mood: Not bad

[*] posted on 3/28/2006 at 15:57

It isn't post 1991, but perhaps it could be of some help the same...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSSIA-STAMP-ALBUM-299-PAGES-1858-1959_W...
ruskystamps
Czarist

Mood: Always half-full

[*] posted on 4/6/2006 at 02:40

Hello Cmarsha (again!)

I think what you remember are the "Republika" pages which were available as CDs or printed pages - produced in Ireland. Niall Murphy has now stopped production of these but has transferred all the Russia Post 1991 page designs to me which will be sold through my www.ruskystamps.com website in due course - but probably just as printed pages.

However, with my current huge task being to complete my own Ruskystamps album pages from 1959 to 1991, I am not sure when I will be able to bring the Post 1991 (ex Republika) pages up to date in terms of current Russia stamps - it's some way off. Also, the old Republika page information (images, titles etc) will be transferred to the basic Ruskystamp page design layout and size.

Please do email me if you are interested: stampalbum@ruskystamps.com
Cmarsha
Major Philatelist

Mood: No mood

[*] posted on 4/9/2006 at 10:44

David-

You got it- those are the ones. I will as you suggest communicate with you off the board re these. I know what a task you are dealing with, I am as I have stated doing my own pages and am up to about the mid 1930's. Am very happy with the result but boy is it time consuming. Many thanks!

Go To Top