The Samovar
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 1921 1rub,2rub,5rub,20rub used!
davpot
Major Philatelist

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 3/2/2007 at 01:22
1921 1rub,2rub,5rub,20rub used!

I recently came accross some price information that pointed to the possibility of the above stamps being hard to find or at least "scarceish" Is this true? This issue IMHO is an easy one to overlook in used condition. Any opinions on this? Mint, these are quite easy to come by. This is my general feeling, as I am by-no-means an expert!!
Always value your input
Dave/Oregon
achlenov
Major Philatelist

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3/2/2007 at 12:06

It would be nice to add the picture to this post...
IvoSteijn
Major Philatelist

Mood: philatelic

[*] posted on 3/3/2007 at 00:18

Quote:
Originally posted by davpot
I recently came across some price information that pointed to the possibility of the above stamps being hard to find or at least "scarceish" Is this true? This issue IMHO is an easy one to overlook in used condition. Any opinions on this? Mint, these are quite easy to come by. This is my general feeling, as I am by-no-means an expert!!

I think that's about right. While there are some nasty CTOs around, postally used copies of these stamps are hard to find. As for covers....NOT easy!
GregMirsky
Rossica Librarian

Mood: Still Optimistic...

[*] posted on 3/6/2007 at 19:12

Yes this set is hard to find used, but at least some specialized catalogs started to reflect this. Another set of used stamps that is extremely hard to find in used (not CTO!) condition is Scott 234-237 set (10 rub., 50 rub., 70- rub., 100 rub. perforated. There is plenty of 100 rub used (Sc.#237), but try to find the rest of the set in used condition. I believe they are heavily underpriced in catalogs. There are a lot of stamps with availability based on amount of money. Stamps we are talking about are MUCH more scarce than let's say Cheluskin or Zeppelin sets., but they cataloged in a "cents" range.
tedim2
Major Philatelist

Mood: Volkodav

[*] posted on 3/6/2007 at 20:02

Price, rarity, sometimes bend to popularity.
IvoSteijn
Major Philatelist

Mood: philatelic

[*] posted on 3/7/2007 at 13:28

Quote:
Originally posted by GregMirsky
Yes this set is hard to find used, but at least some specialized catalogs started to reflect this. Another set of used stamps that is extremely hard to find in used (not CTO!) condition is Scott 234-237 set (10 rub., 50 rub., 70- rub., 100 rub. perforated. There is plenty of 100 rub used (Sc.#237), but try to find the rest of the set in used condition. I believe they are heavily underpriced in catalogs. There are a lot of stamps with availability based on amount of money. Stamps we are talking about are MUCH more scarce than let's say Cheluskin or Zeppelin sets., but they cataloged in a "cents" range.

And, not coincidentally, they are impossible to find on cover as well.

Go To Top