Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SPb 2007 results
Gary
Deceased

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6/25/2007 at 03:29
SPb 2007 results

The U.S. Commissioner, Russ Towle asked me to post these results for what appears to be he US exhibits at SPb 2007.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 25, 2007 1:39:44 AM EDT
Subject: Re: SPb 2007

Would you please post on Samovar for me?

Thanks - Ross

St Petersburg 2007 USA Results including literature
Name Title Medal
American Philatelic Congress, The Congress Book 2006 Vermeil
Asimakopulos, Nicholas The First Greek Stamp - The History, the Royal Decreees, the Dies, the Plates, the Printing Vermeil
Asimakopulos, Nicholas Greece: Large Hermes Heads 1861-1886 Large Gold
Benfield, William Denmark - Essays and Proofs: The First One Hundred Years Gold
Dabols, Valentins Postal History of Livonia, The Preadhesive Postal Era Gold
Galitz, Earl Bulgaria in the First World War Vermeil
Glohr, Eric Hawaiian Postal Cards and Envelopes: Kingdom, Provisional Governament and Republic Issues Vermeil
Grinfelds, Dzintars The 3-Star Issues of Latvia: 1921-1933 Large Vermeil
Grinfelds, Vesma Latvian Travelling Post Officies: Rates, Routes, and Cancellations Large Vermeil
Grinfelds, Vesma The Airpost Issues of Lithuania: A Traditional Study Large Vermeil
Kramer, George United States Domestic Mails 1776-1869 Large Gold
Laveroni, Edward The Poezd and Pochta Postmarks of the Little Railroads of St. Petersburg Vermeil + FEL
Laveroni, Edward Imperial Postmarks of the Trans-Siberian Railroad, Chelyabinsk to Irkutsk Gold
Levin, Arnold The Russian Mute Cancels of World War I Large Vermeil
Markovits, Robert L. Classic United States Special Delivery Issues 1885 -1901 Large Gold + SP
Mirsky, Harvey The U.S. 1847 Issue: How It Demonstrated That Stampless Mail Could Be Eliminated Large Gold + SP
Radcliffe, Jeff Rossica Society Journal 2006 Vermeil
Ramkissoon, Dr. Reuben A. Development of the United States Lunar Exploration Vermeil
Ramkissoon, Dr. Reuben A. A Philatelic Handbook on Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi) Large Silver
Ramkissoon, Dr. Reuben A. The Trinidad World War I Red Cross Label That Became a Postage Stamp Gold
Rodriguez, Omar Registered Mail in Classic Mexico 1790's to 1890's - 100 Years of Colonial Postal Practices Large Vermeil
Saadi, Wade Struck on Stamps - 1851 to 1868 Gold
Schnell, Roger Clippers Over the Pacific Large Vermeil
Skipton, David A Short History of the Rossika Society (1929-1968)Vermeil
Smithsonian National Postal Museum, Rarity Revealed: The Benjamin K. Miller Collection Large Silver
Space Topics Study Group, Astrophile volume 51 (2006) Silver
Steijn, Ivo The Memel Rates: Mail to and from Russia via Prussia up to 1843 Gold
Towle, Ross Chile. Postal Cards and Envelopes. 1872-1929 Large Gold +SP
Trettin, Kenneth The American Revenuer, volume 60 (2006) Large Vermeil
Werbisky, George G. Ostarbeiter Mail in WW2 Large Silver
Werbisky, George G. Ostarbeiters Large Silver
Wiatr, Frank M. Cracow Postal History: From the Middle Ages to the Postage Stamp Silver
-Ross A Towle
jlechtanski

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 6/25/2007 at 10:29

Congratulations to all. Well done.
RossTowle
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6/26/2007 at 23:10
corrections to awards

I made some typos while using the computers at the St Petersburg Central PO.

Frank Wiatr Cracow postal history exhibit received a Gold
Reuben Ramkissoon Developement of space exploration received a Gold.

Sorry to the exhibitors for the typos.

-Ross A Towle
USA Commissioner to St Petersburg 2007
Gary
Deceased

[*] posted on 6/27/2007 at 14:56
List of Exhibitors

Here is the list (Excel file) of exhibitors for SPb 2007. I am still looking for a palmares.

Attachment: SPb 2007 exhibitors.xls (130kB)
This file has been downloaded 1296 times

ameis33
Major Philatelist

Mood: Not bad

[*] posted on 6/27/2007 at 15:37

When i've read the first post of this topic, i was tempted to ask: "Is one of that collection online?", but i think the answer would have been no...
Nothing against philatelic exhibition, but don't you think an online version of the exhibition itself would have a bigger audience without affecting the number of visitors at the same time?
IvoSteijn
Major Philatelist

Mood: philatelic

[*] posted on 6/27/2007 at 16:08

While none of the above collections are online yet, as far as I know, Thomas Berger's collection of Imperial Russian registered mail (which was also exhibited at SPb) IS online at the EXPONET website. Not that much else in our spheres of interest there yet, sadly. Must be all that enthusiastic support from the Rossica Society.
ameis33
Major Philatelist

Mood: Not bad

[*] posted on 6/28/2007 at 12:41

Here...

http://www.japhila.cz/hof/0028/index0028a.htm
Gary
Deceased

[*] posted on 6/28/2007 at 17:21

Quote:
Originally posted by ameis33
Here...

http://www.japhila.cz/hof/0028/index0028a.htm

Thanks for the link, but I don't see how it has anything to do with SPb 2007 results, the topic of the thread.

Rossica had 13 members send exhibits to SPb 2007. Not bad!

Still looking for a palmares online or reports from exhibitors not from the USA on awards.
tbeberger
Major Philatelist

Mood: Fine

[*] posted on 7/11/2007 at 14:53

Hello
Unfortunately I just have with me the printed Palmares booklet and I do not know where to get the results online.
However I may give an impression of this show for those who could not go there. St. Petersburg was not comparable with the large shows in Western Europe or the USA, for sure not in the size of the show itself. It was for sure not larger than the Swiss National show last year. There were only few Russian dealers and I was very reluctant buying higher priced material due to possible customs problems. If I would collect e.g. Switzerland it would have been disappointing. However as a collector of classical Russia it was a very intense dream. Within six days I was continuously talking with collectors from Russia, other former USSR countries and of course Russia collectors from all over the world. When I met one he brought me to the next one. I had the pleasure to present my collection several times and had to restart again when somebody new joined in. It was great to meet all the large Russian collectors like Ratner, Dobin, Furman, Levandovsky, Sarkisyan, Tjukov, Tsytkov... and of course also the experts from the Western hemisphere like Cronin or Ross Marshall. If one takes in mind that the organizers had nine months to organize this (other FIP shows need 2 to 3 years for this) the Russians did a great job. Chapeau! Of course there have been this customs procedures taking hours which were for sure not amusing for the commissioneers, but at the end it was working.
Taken together it was a pity for those collecting Russia who could not go and it was a shame for those who did not want.
Ciao, Thomas Berger
igorfmyask
Major Philatelist

Mood: Monarchist

[*] posted on 7/11/2007 at 17:58

Quote:
Originally posted by tbeberger
Taken together it was a pity for those collecting Russia who could not go and it was a shame for those who did not want.

I desagree with world "shame" because Russian philately is still a property of the State and Russian philatelists are not free to be the real part of the international philatelic community. If we will ignore international philatelic events in Russia, may be Russian authorities will start to chage their rediculuos custom rules.

Go To Top