Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Another kind of scam
David Jay
Major Philatelist

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/1/2008 at 14:07
Another kind of scam

Below is wording used by Sheynberg on his items.
The item I took it from may well be genuine. So the specific
item is not the point. The relevant part is the first sentence
of the second paragraph. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm
guessing that Paypal and Ebay will refuse to help with a refund
if one doesn't indicate that the item was purchased through
ebay.

Here is the quote:
Some weeks ago Paypal began to use a foxy step AGAINST their customers!!! Now they charge separately for ONE item bought from Ebay or other auctions. Therefore you have to pay for s/h so many times how many items you paid for. From another side the seller loose more money as before.

To ignore such illegal additional expenses for you and for me you have to get a choice “GOODS” instead of “Ebay auction” and figure out the TOTAL of your payment I do not do business with people from Russia and all other ex-USSR republic
igorfmyask
Major Philatelist

Mood: Monarchist

[*] posted on 3/1/2008 at 15:55

You are right about PayPal but you can open dispute through eBay. Anyway Sheynberg is lier because he can send buyer combined invoice for all items.
Gary
Deceased

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/1/2008 at 17:45

I have never had any problems with PayPal for non-eBay items. Many sellers, and I suspect buyers, are confused with how the process works or lack the English-language skills to understand what they are saying. It clearly can be confusing!

In the past, I have had automatic invoices sent that basically told me I had to pay the shipping charge for each and every item as if they were separate items. Fortunately, there was a way to "add" or "subtract" costs built into the automated invoice prior to payment and I could deduct the overcharge. When there was no way, every seller with whom I dealt would send a separate invoice, if they knew how.

There are as many "crooks" who keep the PayPal fees hidden until the payment is due, thus trying to circumvent eBay fees. Perhaps there exists more people who try to tell you up front the system has a problem. Suggesting a way to prevent overpaying is not a sin or even a lie, if it is true. Who cares how it is done as long as it works, right?

Go To Top