The Samovar
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wanted -- anything on Przhedborzh (Przedborz)
samgins
Peasant

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/8/2009 at 23:41
Wanted -- anything on Przhedborzh (Przedborz)

I'm looking for material (literature, scans, etc.) relating to the town of Przhedborzh (Przedborz) on the Pilica river at the far western border of the Russian Partition of Poland.

It issued 18 Local Delivery stamps in 1917 & 1918, after the Russians had retreated. See www.prz.ginsburgs.org for more info.

I have lots of reference material in Polish, German, and English, but nothing in Russian or other languages, and very little on its status before the Russians left in 1915.

Thanks

Sam Ginsburg
jlechtanski

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 3/9/2009 at 20:12

A great web site and study of Przedborz philately. I see you have already seen Prigara and Bazilavich.

Here is some info I have which may help in your research of the Russian period.

Пшедбуж

1815-1816 in Radom Department

1816 – 1837 in Sandomierz Vovoidship (Województwo sandomierskie). Sandormerz Vovoidship reorganized from the old Radom Department.

1837 - 1844 in Radom Uezd, Sandomir Guberniya (Сандомирская губерния, Gubernia sandomierska). Sandomir Guberniya was reorganized from the old Sandomierz Vovoidship.

1844 - 1867 in Konskii Uezd, Radom Guberniya (Радомская губерния, Gubernia radomska). Radom Guberniya is the result of the merger of the Sandomir Guberniya and Kielce Guberniya (Келецкая губерния, Gubernia kielecka),

1867 – 1918 in Konskii Uezd (Конский уезд), Radom Guberniya after the split of the old Radom Guberniya into the new Kielce and Radom Guberniyas.

samgins
Peasant

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/10/2009 at 00:52

Thanks -- Let me know if we should do this off-line. You can use samgins1730@yahoo.com if you want to have a side conversation.

I hadn't thought to include the various Gubernia's, Voivoidships, or Powiats, because I didn't know what to do with it, or what about it people would find interesting.

This is probably because I don't know enough history to establish a context for the info. But a lot of the www.prz.ginsburgs.org website stems from people's suggestions, so I'm happy to take suggestions.

Thanks for the info -- I do want to use some of this, but I'll have to ask some more questions when it's not so late at night.

Thanks.

Sam Ginsburg

Go To Top