Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Bogus Issues on e-Bay
Dr. Ray Ceresa
Major Philatelist

Mood: A little confused

[*] posted on 4/5/2010 at 06:36
New Bogus Issues on e-Bay

Rossica members and other Armenian stamp collectors are helping dealers with stocks of unwanted genuine and forged mint material to dispose of their stocks on e-Bay which have been (digitally) overprinted "Armenien Republique" horizontally and diagonally, inverted and displaced in blue and red, including so-called special red cross issues and local Erivan issues by bidding more then twice the catalogue value of the mint basic stamp. These modern bogus issues, which bear little relevance to the Armenian republic of the 1920's are just 'damaged stamps' worth at most 75% of current catalogue values. If they are digitally produced then they have some value, as a single copies, to a collector as an example of digital productions to be examined at 200x , with a "Digimicro" microscope cheaply available on e-Bay , for comparison with serious digital forgeries such as S.G. 297. When this market for"republic of Armenia" bogus waivers we can expect to see "Geogienne Republique", "Azerbijianne Republic" and other nonsense. Don't buy more than one such item for reference. Let the seller keep his stock of devalued Russia area stamps and perhaps not stray into more dangerous areas of digital productions.
Dr. Ray Ceresa
Major Philatelist

[*] posted on 4/5/2010 at 11:36

I bid 3 times listed price on all 36 items. All sold for far more and I did not get one. If any Rossica member (or reader) was successful I would like to borrow one such stamp, (all postage costs paid plus remuneration). so that I can check printing method. E-mail me if you can help.
David Jay
Major Philatelist

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4/6/2010 at 11:26

All this makes me glad that I type "-armenia" every time I bring up the category of "Russia and Area" in ebay!
Seriously though, thanks to Ray for bringing this up. There are a lot more lots offered recently, and presumably the traffic to support their sale. This likely means a lot of naive consumers.
Dr. Ray Ceresa
Major Philatelist

[*] posted on 4/26/2010 at 07:01

As predicted (almost) the latest bogus issues on eBay are Ukraine Vienna un-issued series with
Ukraine Red Cross in three lines in black Italic and red cross in fourth line

250617685773.jpg

Samovar ukraine Bogus.jpg - 5kB
red1999
Major Philatelist

[*] posted on 8/12/2010 at 15:18

Quote: Originally posted by David Jay  
.... This likely means a lot of naive consumers.

That is so true. While putting content on my new site (stampsofarmenia.com) I found 8 stamps with crudely faked overprints on faked stamps, that sold for over 900 USD! :hair
armenio
Collective Farmer

[*] posted on 12/19/2010 at 14:40

The complete bogus issue, I think

!C!(6c0wBmk~$(KGrHqR,!lYEz+44ZGlKBNCqHD3,Rg~~_12.JPG - 86kB

Go To Top