Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Request for help
Rasputin
Super Moderator

Mood: Philatelic

[*] posted on 1/25/2011 at 09:00
Request for help

Hey, folks, I received this letter from Mr. Jeffrey Bohn, who is willing to share the results of his research with the Rossica Society. If you can help him out, please contact him at: jbohn2@csc.com .

"I am a collector of French postal history, and I am preparing a monograph on the 1874
Postal Convention between France and Russia. This Convention went into effect on 20
March/1 April 1874, and remained in effect until France formally joined the General
Postal Union on 1 January 1876. I have copies of the Convention text (in French), plus
the Articles of Execution, but am having a difficult time finding illustrations of certain
categories of mail. This is not too surprising, considering the short amount of time that
the Convention was in effect. At the moment, I am looking for examples of the following
types of mail (all from the 1 April 1874 - 31 December 1875 period), and am hoping that
you can put me in touch with any Rossica members that could help me achieve my goal:

1. Unpaid letters sent from France and Algeria to Russia and Finland - presumably
showing postage due charges of 18 kop/10 grams;

2. Insufficiently prepaid letters sent from France and Algeria to Russia and Finland;

3. Registered letters sent from France and Algeria to Russia and Finland;

4. Registered letters with Advisement of Receipt sent from France and Algeria to Russia and Finland;

5. Printed matter sent from France and Algeria to Russia and Finland at the 15 centime/50 gram rate;

6. Registered letters sent from Russia and Finland to France and Algeria;

7. Registered letters with Advisement of Receipt sent from Russia and Finland to France and Algeria;

8. Printed matter sent from Russia and Finland to France and Algeria at the 4 kop/50 gram rate;

9. Any letters sent from Russia and Finland to destinations beyond France;

10. Any letters sent from France and Algeria to the Russian Office in Ourga, China at the 1F50c/10 gram rate;

11. Any letters sent from France and Algeria to the other Russian Offices in China (Kalgan, Pekin, Tien-Tsin) at the 2F50c/10 gram rate;

12. Any letters sent from France and Algeria to the Russian Offices in Turkey (Constantinople) at the 1 Franc/10 gram rate;

13. Any letters sent from the Russian Office in Ourga, China to France and Algeria at the ?????/10 gram rate;

14. Any letters sent from the other Russian Offices in China (Kalgan, Pekin, Tien-Tsin) to France and Algeria at the ?????/10 gram rate;

15. Any unpaid letters sent from the Russian Offices in Turkey (Constantinople) to France and Algeria showing postage due charges of 1 Franc/10 grams;

16. Any letters sent from France and Algeria to the Russian Offices in Turkey (Constantinople) at the 1 Franc/10 gram rate;

17. Any printed matter sent from France and Algeria to the Russian Office in Ourga, China at the 25 centime/50 gram rate;

18. Any printed matter sent from France and Algeria to the other Russian Offices in China
(Kalgan, Pekin, Tien-Tsin) at the 35 centime/50 gram rate;

19. Any printed matter sent from France and Algeria to the Russian Offices in Turkey
(Constantinople) at the 20 centime/50 gram rate;

20. Any printed matter sent from the Russian Office in Ourga, China to France and Algeria
at the ?????/50 gram rate;

21. Any printed matter sent from the other Russian Offices in China (Kalgan, Pekin, Tien-Tsin)
to France and Algeria at the ?????/50 gram rate;

22. Any printed matter sent from the Russian Offices in Turkey (Constantinople) to France
and Algeria at the ?????/50 gram rate;
Maxime Citerne
Czarist

Mood: Seriously Happy

[*] posted on 1/25/2011 at 13:06

An interesting research which might be of help for Mr Bohn was published by a fellow member of the Cercle Philatélique France Russie, Jean-Pierre Magne (I am also member of this Cercle).

http://www.philatelie-france-russie.fr/spip.php?article83

I will send an email to Mr Jeffrey Bohn with this link.

Best regards,

Maxime

Go To Top