Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rossica Journal Wins Big in Portland
Jeff
Super Administrator

Mood: It's developing...

[*] posted on 8/10/2016 at 17:27
Rossica Journal Wins Big in Portland

This year the American Philatelic Society's STAMPSHOW 2016 was held on August 4-7 in Portland, Oregon. As with all such shows, it included a philatelic literature competition in three categories: Catalogs, Handbooks, and Society Journals and Periodicals. The Rossica Society entered its Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 Journals for consideration by the jury. As Editor, I am pleased to inform fellow members that our Journals were very well received -- so much so that we were awarded the show's Reserve Grand and Gold! Just one entry, “The Sultanate of Nejd, A Philatelic Manual,” received the show's highest honor, the Grand and Gold award. The only other submission to also receive a Reserve Grand and Gold was a book, “Confederate States of America Philatelic Fakes, Forgeries, and Fantasies of the 19th and 20th Centuries.” It should be noted that the Rossica Journal exceeded other publications in the periodicals class enough to be listed among the best three of a total 34 items submitted in all categories.

This is high recognition of Rossica by the APS, and we are duly grateful for it. My heartfelt thanks and congratulations go out to all the members and contributors who made it possible by providing such outstanding articles! It would not have happened without your hard work. Please continue to support your Journal by sharing your interests and knowledge. I will also take this opportunity to ask other members of Rossica who have not yet written to take the time to do so. I assure you that it feels good to be a member of a top-winning team!

Nik Sorokin, Rossica Editor

Go To Top