Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: More dodgy lots on ebay
verny
Major Philatelist

Mood: Bright & breezy

[*] posted on 11/14/2016 at 17:17
More dodgy lots on ebay

I have recently noticed a trio of sellers offering a suspiciously large number of colour 'varieties' on ebay ranging from what appear to be chemically altered Tsarist era stamps with no centre (see elsewhere on the Samovar for detail) right through the soviet period and into the modern Russian federation. Most look as if they are chemically altered stamps. There are also an unusual number of 'proofs' and 'essays' suddenly appearing these run from tsarist period tercentenary set through early RSFSR and into the soviet period. They all appear to be printed on the same stock and to have been annotated in the same hand. One of those offered seems to have a goznak stamp impressed into the proof card. Does anyone have any information on these? Are they newly released/sold from archives and numbered on release, modern Goznak souvenirs or just plain old fakes.
I also noticed that these three sellers seem to take it in turns selling, one of them sells a load of material then has nothing for a while whilst the next two take turns. A look at the bidders (hidden ID of course) also shows a number of bidders who have 100% or very near of bids with the same seller. if my nasty thoughts are correct then this appears to be a ring dumping dodgy material on the market and compounding the crime with shill bidding.
Ebay as ever show no interest.

Go To Top