The Samovar
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Astrophilately
Apollo-Soyuz

[*] posted on 1/27/2017 at 10:49
Astrophilately

As many of you may know, I collect space covers and have a collection titled Apollo-Soyuz test project I exhibit here in the United States. The Space Topics Study Group is trying to resurrect the exhibiting of space covers. Back in the 1970-90's, there were many collectors of space covers who exhibited regularly that do not now. I would like to find out why they stopped exhibiting. Astrophilately is alive in Europa and Asia as I am always reading about exhibits and seminars on astrophilately. Ray Cartier has written a book titled: U.S. Space Cover Collecting Handbook to try to educate the judges about space cover collecting. I think many space cover collectors are upset of the inconsistency of judging space cover exhibits; sometimes there can be a 2 to 3 level in award. I would like to hear from astrophilatelists from around the world with their opinions on how we here in the United States can get more visibility in the philatelic press and more exhibitors showing this material. I can give you my opinion. The two things I hear is the frame costs and mailing if one cannot attend in person and the inconsistency in judging the exhibits. I would be interested in any thoughts on this matter.

John Macco
Shady Side, Md.
Apollo-Soyuz
Thread Topped
2/3/2017 at 17:33
Apollo-Soyuz
Thread Untopped
2/3/2017 at 17:33

Go To Top